Wesley Community Services
Job Title: Director of Finance
Supervisor: Executive Director – Wesley Community Services Organization
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Finance will report to the Executive Director of Wesley Community Services Organization (WCSO) and assume financial and accounting responsibility for the entire Organization. The role of DOF requires a professional who is capable of both strategic financial planning and leadership, as well as an accomplished technician who is fully capable of managing daily operational activities as they apply to the financial services function.
• Establish and maintain accounting systems, procedures and policies for all entities of WSO.
• Actively supervises and manages all financial staff for the entire organization.
• Oversees the budgeting process and periodic forecast, establishing targets and working with Line Management to achieve objectives.
• Ensure the completion of all financial audits and the fulfillment of external reporting requirements in order to maintain compliance.
• Advise senior staff and Board of Trustees (WSO/LC/WCS) on financial matters.
• Directs cash management and utilizes cash flow projections to access cash needs.
• Consults with and advises WSO Investment Committee.
• Provides financial reports, as required, to senior staff and Boards of Trustees, assessing the organization’s financial position.
• Works closely with senior management in developing and fostering strong business alliances with financial institutions.
• Oversees all financial software and systems to insure compatibility and combined reporting of all entities within WSO.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director up to and including participation and attendance at organization events.
The successful candidate for this position must, through prior experience, demonstrate the ability to oversee financial and accounting responsibilities. They must also demonstrate proficiency in financial planning and analysis, as well as the following:
• Significant, progressive and successful experience in a similar position preferably within a service based not-for-profit organization.
• Healthcare accounting experience, preferably in continuing care retirement, with knowledge of major reimbursement programs, cost reporting, and the methods by which financial performance is maximized.
• Knowledge of not-for-profit reporting requirements.
• Experience and proven ability to both lead and participate in a strategic planning process within an entrepreneurial environment.
• Enthusiasm for results-oriented performance, team building at all levels and a desire for creating a management environment centered on continuous improvement in all areas of operation.
• Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills, as well as the ability to communicate across all levels of authority and socioeconomic status.
• Bachelor’s level degree in Accounting or Business Administration, with MBA or CPA designations.
This is an opportunity to become an integral contributor within a highly regarded organization motivated by its commitment to the community while at the same time recognizing its ever-changing role in the continuum of care and home based service environment.
The ideal candidate for this position is a seasoned business executive and a participative decision-maker able to build trust and cooperation. It is important to the position that this person possess excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with all constituents, as well as co-workers throughout the organization.
Compensation will consist of a competitive base salary, which will recognize experience, accomplishment, and ability. Benefits will be detailed in the Job Offer document, which will be tailored to this specific position.
Every effort has been made to make this job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties required of the position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position.
Wesley Community Services will provide employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, religion, national origin, age or handicap/disability as provided by law.